Photo Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines
Beacon Broadband, powered by Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative is bringing high-speed fiber where no one else will go. We are on the search for local photos for use in future marketing campaigns. The photos will be used in a variety of presentations including, social media, marketing materials, and on the www.beaconbroadband.com website. If you have a great eye, a passion for photography, and are interested in a chance to be featured in Beacon Broadband’s future marketing, please see the contest information below.
- Local Business using technology
- People/Family using technology
- Lens Flare -Similar to the beacon of a lighthouse, guiding the way for boaters, Beacon Broadband is lighting the path to the region. In other words, we are looking for photos with some flare, lens flare that is.
How to Enter:
- Submit your photo through the webform on this page.
- Entering is easy and free! Attach only one image per webform submission. (Do not embed multiple images into any one document).
- Each submission must include:
- Photographer’s name and address
- A short description of what is shown in the photo, the location, and the category for entry.
- An email address and telephone number where the photographer can be contacted.
- Each images file name MUST include the photographer's name, contest category, and photograph name (Ex: John Smith_Local Business_The Light Transforms)
- Location the photo was taken
- Only digital JPEG photos will be accepted.
- Photos must be horizontal or landscape format and at least 300 dpi at 11 inches wide by 9 inches tall. Vertical photos and files larger than 50 megabytes will not be accepted.
- Photo submissions must be taken by you, and you must have rights to the photo.
- Photos must be taken within the Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative service territory.
- Photos that feature a person or individual people will only be accepted into the contest if the entrant signs and returns a photo release form.
Deadline to Enter:
Submissions to the Beacon Broadband photo contest are accepted until June 30, 2021.
Beacon Broadband will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winning photos from each category and one overall grand prize. Up to 13 winners possible.
- One (1) Grand Prize award - $500
- Four (4) 1st place awards- $200, one in each category
- Four (4) 2nd place awards - $75, one in each category
- Four (4) 3rd place awards - $25, one in each category
By submitting entries to Beacon Broadband, you release all claims to the individual copyright and certify you are the rightful owner of said photograph. You hereby authorize Beacon Broadband Inc., Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative Inc., any assignee, subsidiary, or a third party the right to use your photograph for publishing, illustration, advertising, trade promotion, or any other use in any medium for any purpose.
- By submitting an entry, you represent and warrant that your entry:
- Is your own work;
- Does not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of any person or entity;
- Does not and will not violate any applicable law, statutes, ordinate, rule, or regulation; and does not trigger any reporting or royalty obligation to any third party
You further represent and warrant that the rights that you are granting do not conflict in any way with any other agreements to which you are a party, or with any commitments, restrictions, or obligations that you are under to any other person or entity.
I hold Beacon Broadband Inc., Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative Inc., any assignee, subsidiary, or a third party harmless for any and all liability that might arise out of or result from the foregoing use. My entry signifies that I will abide by all rules, including that I will provide my tore signature if my photo is selected. I understand and agree that these materials will not be returned.
Like the Beacon Broadband Facebook page (@BeaconBroadbandINC) to see contest updates.
If you have any questions, contact us at (541) 332-3931.